Construction Studies is a senior cycle Leaving Certificate course. There are three elements to the course:
- Theory- consisting of building / drawing details and general building knowledge.
- Practical- A four hour woodwork exam undertaken in early May of L.C. year. This accounts for 25% of course marks.
- Project- A piece of furniture and portfolio are produced during the two year course. The remaining 25% of the course is awarded here.
Below is a list of some links and documents that students may find useful:
- Construction Drawings
- Construction Studies Portfolio Guidelines
- Construction Studies Project Guidelines
- Techo Teachers Project Guidelines
- U Value Calculations