Religion Education Department
The Religious Education department aims to provide a caring environment, which facilitates students in achieving their potential in Religious Education thus reflecting the schools mission statement.
In the Religious Education Department we aim to affirm the unique value and importance of each student, to ensure that all students have the opportunity to grow in their faith and to provide a coherent and accessible curriculum that challenges the students spiritually, morally and academically.
We strive to provide a caring and committed atmosphere and we aim to prepare students for the challenges life may bring.
The objectives of Religious Education are as follows:
- to assist students in developing a deeper relationship with God and to enable them to reflect upon their own religious attitudes, values and practices
- to provide students with insight into the beliefs and attitudes of other world faiths and to assist them in developing respect for the conviction of others
- to develop an ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious and moral issues
- to provide opportunities to deepen sacramental and spiritual awareness
- to develop care for each other and the under privileged in society and to promote kindness, respect, compassion, generosity, justice and peace
- to allow space for searching and questioning.